Thursday, February 17, 2011

Catching Up!

Ugh! This has been such a long week. Thankfully it's over now, and I have a 4 day break! I haven't posted in a couple days (or even been on the computer) because I've been swamped with school and scholarship/summer program applications. Why are all the deadlines in February? Hmph. Well at least I've gotten everything done, and now I have four days commitment free and (almost) homework less. 

I know it's a bad bad bad bad habit, but when I get stressed my diet and exercise routine go to Hell. So I figure it's time to catch up on it (especially after Valentine's Day haha).

Every morning I get up at 6 and workout. As for clothing, I don't believe in spending big bucks on clothes that I'm just going to sweat in. That doesn't mean you still can't look cute! 

I highly recommend investing in a good pair of running shoes. They may be slightly expensive, but your feet will thank you, I promise. These shoes are amazing! They're so breathable and lightweight, while still providing great support. Plus they come in super cute colors.

I get most of my shorts from Dick's Sporting Goods. If you shop around you can find cute colors and styles.

Sports Bras are like a good shoe, they are an absolute must! This one has worked best for me. Support, comfort, and you don't have to pull up your strap every five minutes!

I usually wear one of these when it starts to get chilly out!


I'm not big on running. Sometimes I go for a long walk (usually just in the evening though) or go on the elliptical, but I mostly workout with the Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I'm OBSESSED! It's only 20 minutes (perfect because I hate working out). You start off with some loose stretching, then move to 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. You repeat that circuit twice and then end with some stretching. I can guarantee, you will sweat.  There's three levels, so you can work your way up too! I've already lost 10 pounds using this DVD-one step closer to a size 4. ;) 

I know most people dread exercising,  I do too. My advice?
 Find a short workout that works for you. 
Only workout during the week-give yourself a break on weekends! 
Listen to music or find another distraction while working out. 
Drink plenty of water. 
Try to get it over with as early as possible, that way your done with it and your metabolism kicks into gear ASAP!
Just remember how good it feels once you finally finish exercising!

Good Luck!
xoxo
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment