Friday, February 11, 2011

Hello Friday!


Every Friday at 12:20, I get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. No, it's not because classes are done for the week. (Okay, I'll admit, I do love the break). It's because I can look back and see everything that I accomplished in the past five days. Trying to balance school, studying, extracurriculars, college preparation, volunteer work, and sports, all while hanging on to the thread of a social life I still have, can get pretty stressful.

From Monday to Friday this is what I look like:
I know, attractive right?

So instead of feeling exhausted and depressed on Friday afternoon, feel energized and accomplished. Until recently, my Fridays were spent moping around, feeling sorry for myself. This put a sour mood on my weekend, which made the following week even worse. It became a vicious cycle. I decided to plan my weekends to be successful, (mostly because I'm kind of obsessed with planning) which has worked out pretty well.

My Plan:

Friday (Cut loose!)
1. Eat a GOOD lunch (Friday is the day off of my healthy diet haha)
2. Exercise( =ENDORPHINS=HAPPINESS)
3. Enjoy myself/do whatever I want
4. Go out with my friends
Saturday (Be productive!)
1. Wake up early
2. Crank out some work that needs to be done for the next week (this can lower the stress for the following week)
3. Have some me time (read a book, catch up on my shows, watch a movie, sleep, online shop)
4. Sometimes I go out, but usually I just continue my me time
Sunday (Relax!)
1. Literally just relax

Of course my schedule changes depending on the circumstances, but this general schedule has reduced so much stress from my life. So, HAPPY FRIDAY. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU MADE IT THROUGH THE WEEK.

No comments:

Post a Comment