Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day


I LOVE VALENTINE'S DAY!

Personally, for me, it's all about the sweets! Just because I don't have a Valentine this year, doesn't mean I can't partake in the joys of sugar and everything pink!

I do have one pet peeve about Valentine's Day though: all the people who complain about how they hate it so much. I know you don't have a Valentine, and I know the holiday probably was created by greeting card companies, but complaining about it doesn't help! The Oatmeal has a perfect (and funny) description of what I'm saying. 

So, what am I doing for Valentine's Day? I'm being my own Valentine. Chocolate tends to make me breakout   so I decided to bake instead. I really wanted to make a yellow cake (yum my favorite!), but cakes can be so inconvenient to store, share, and even eat! I resolved to making cakies - cake cookies, get it? This is the first time I tried it and the recipe is super easy to follow:

1 box of cake mix (I picked Betty Crocker SuperMoist)
1/2 cup of oil (or applesauce for lower fat!)
2 eggs

Mix everything together. The ingredients were hard to stir together at first so I added a drop of water to make it easier to mix. Then I plopped dollops of the dough onto a cookie sheet and popped it in the oven at 350 for 8-10 minutes. VoilĂ  mini-cakes! They were super yummy too.


This picture doesn't do them justice, but they were delish nonetheless.

Also included in my Valentine's Day plan are:


Before you judge me, you need to try one of these! They are so warm. I love mine!

Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
xoxo
Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment