Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sounds of Saturday

I LOVE MUSIC.
I honestly will listen to any genre, except for metal; I just can't do it. Music always makes me happy, and I thought Saturdays would be a good day to share my favorite music of that week!
These are the headphones I bought from SkullCandy. I think the colors are really fun, plus the quality is perfect for me. AND lifetime warranty YES. Really though, your iPod will sound so much better with a pair of noise cancelling headphones.

Currently my favorite artist. His songs are a combination of folk and pop. They're usually pretty upbeat too. Perfect for dancing to or blasting in the car with your windows down. Plus, he's beautiful.

Favorite Songs: Mr. Pitiful, Sunshine, Cold December, Sweet Thursday

Watch this, it will make your day significantly better. I promise.

I been obsessed with this up and coming band for the past year. They fuse hip-hop with some of my favorite alternative songs. Their lyrics are awesome and often words to live by (i.e. tell mommy I'm sorry, this life is a party). 

Favorite Songs: All Things Go, Opposite of Adults, Sooner or Later, Truth

This song is probably their most popular, and one of my favorites. It samples MGMT's "Kids".

You've probably never heard of them, but they're amazing! Almost all of their music is upbeat and happy. I guess I would call them sort of an indie-pop band, but they're style is hard to explain. You'll just have to listen to them for yourself!

Favorite Songs: Circles 'Round the Moon, Cynicism, Broken Cityscapes, Blackbox


I hope some of this music sets a good tone for the rest of your Saturday!
xoxo
Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment