Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscars in Ten Words or Less...Plus More!


Best Picture Nominees in 10 Words or Less

Black Swan: Simply put, it was weird. Don't watch with your mother.
The Fighter: Awesome acting, albeit unexpected.
Inception: My brain still hurts. 
The Kids Are All Right: Reflection on the modern world. Interesting but slow at times.
The King's Speech: Brilliant acting, entertaining, deserving of nominations, too many English accents
127 Hours: It has James Franco in it, good enough for me.
The Social Network: Fun, fast-paced, but Eisenberg didn't really have to act.
Toy Story 3: Makes you feel like a kid again... and cry.
True Grit: It's no John Wayne, but not bad for a remake.
Winter's Bone: Totally underrated. Everyone needs to go out and see it.



Predictions

Best Picture
Who will win: The King's Speech
Who I want to win: The Social Network

Best Director

Who will win: Tom Hooper
Who I want to win: Joel and Ethan Coen

Best Actor
Who will win: Colin Firth
Who I want to win: Colin Firth

Best Actress
Who will win: Annette Benning
Who I want to win: Jennifer Lawrence

Best Supporting Actor
Who will win: Christian Bale
Who I want to win: Geoffrey Rush

Best Supporting Actress
Who will win: Melissa Leo
Who I want to win: Hailee Steinfeld

Best Animated Feature
Who will win: Toy Story 3
Who I want to win: Toy Story 3

Documentary
Who will win: Exit Through the Gift Shop
Who I want to win: Inside Job

Best Original Screenplay
Who will win: The King's Speech
Who I want to win: Black Swan

Best Adapted Screenplay
Who will win: The Social Network
Who I want to win: The Social Network or Winter's Bone

Best Costume Design
Who will win: Alice in Wonderland
Who I want to win: Alice in Wonderland

Best Original Song
Who will win: Coming Home (Country Strong)
Who I want to win: We Belong Together (Toy Story 3)

Look Out For Tonight:

James Franco and Anne Hathaway

Tim Gunn on the Red Carpet

Now get your bowl of popcorn & your snuggie and cozy up in front of the TV, because let's be honest this is probably the most important day of the year. Forget your homework, deadlines, meetings, appointments, household chores, and anything else you need to prepare for Monday. This only comes once a year! I plan on taking a personal day tomorrow simply to scrutinize everyone's outfits and replay the night on my DVR.

xoxo
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment